Degree of difficulty: medium/ Type of accommodations: camping and ecolodges/
Focus: Birdwatching, Spectacular photography, Hiking, Nature Observation
at the edge of the Laguna del Tigre National Park/
*Available during dry season only, from February to mid August
See the Buena Vista Cliffs in the Maya Biosphere Reserve and look out
for scarlet macaws from February to June and other unique bird and animal
species year round! This tour starts in Tikal or at the Flores airport.
- Departure from the Tikal National Park toward Ecolodge on Lake Peten
Itza for overnight sleep and relaxation
- Transfer to Peñon de Buena Vista, located north of San Andrés.
Set up camp. Hike to the cliff
- Time for birdwatching, flora and fauna
- Day dedicated to the observation of bird species,flora and fauna.
Special emphasis in Ara macao (Scarlet macaw)
- Discuss conservation issues and ecology
- Explore the jungle while we break camp
- Visit Don Zacarias Quixchan, an Itza elder, and its Agroforestry System
- Return to Ecolodge near Flores Island
- Visit the island city of Flores and the CINCAP, Center for Peten’s
Nature, Culture and Handcrafts
- Fly back to Guatemala City, Cancun or Belize to catch your flights